1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online: dated 30th November 2017 and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website;
2. The United Republic of Tanzania has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Institutional Support Project for Domestic Resources Mobilization and Natural Resources Governance (ISP-DRM & NRG). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Two (2) X-Ray Portal Scanners.
3. The Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation on behalf of Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Two (2) X-Ray Portal Scanners.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of the Procurement Manager, room number 101 on the 10th floor at Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, Head office situated at Benjamin William Mkapa Pension Towers, Tower ‘A’, Azikiwe/ Jamhuri streets, Dar-es-Salaam from 8.30 to 3.30 pm from Monday to Friday inclusive except on public holidays. See Directions.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to The Managing Director, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, P. O. Box 2774, Dar es Salaam and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee amount of Tshs. 100,000.00/= (Tanzania Shillings One Hundred Thousand only). Payment should be made through CRDB Bank, Account Name: TPDC Main Account, Account Number: 01J1007309500 payable to Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods.
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 11.00 hours on 09th February, 2018 and must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount of not less than United State Dollars One Hundred Thousand Only (USD 100, 000.00).
8. A mandatory site visit shall be held on Friday 19thJanuary, 2018 at 11:00 Hours local time. Bidders are required to assemble at Port of Dar Es Salaam.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 11:00 hours local time on 09th February, 2018 at the offices of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, situated at Benjamin William Mkapa Pension Towers, Tower ‘A’, 10th Floor, Board room number 106, Azikiwe/ Jamhuri streets.
10. Bids must be delivered to the address below by hand or courier by 09th February, 2018 at 11:00 hours and mentioned on the envelope “Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Two (2) X-Ray Portal Scanners”.
Attn: Managing Director, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, Benjamin William Mkapa Towers, Tower “A”, Azikiwe/Jamhuri Streets, Room No. 401, 4th Floor, P.O. Box 2774, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. Tel: +255-22 2200103-4, 2200112, Fax: +255-22-2200113. E-mail: email@example.com